Friday, November 30, 2012

Product Review... Honest Company Diaper Bundle

Honest Company Diaper Bundle…
 
I've made the plunge and am trying a new out my honest co diapers.  The packaging for my trial was so cute!  I feel like it was very thought out and nice.  I received about a days worth of diapers and wipes to try.
 
 
Wipes:  I prefer the texture and size Pampers Sensitive and I also really like Earth's Best Wipes.  I've used Huggies and also BabyGanics and those seem more rough and thick to me.  I like the thinner and bigger type of wipes.  The wipes are bigger, so you only really need one or two.  Definitely a fan of the wipes! 
 
Diapers:  The diapers have more substance than Luvs.  They do seem like they do not have any of the meshing in them to whisk away the moisture.  Looking at them, I identify with diapers from the past, like the 70's or 80's… those plain Jane white diapers.  They weren't as thin and lightweight.   The diapers are very absorbent and not leaky, so you can probably stretch how many changes you have in a day… unless you're dealing with a #2!  I don't like to use any diaper rash creams or ointments, and haven't felt like I've needed to increase that. 
 
These are great because I don't see those strange white crystals after a long night.  You have to get used to the Velcro on the sides because they're really compressed.  You need to be sure you pull them out all the way before laying your baby down on them, or you'll be digging behind your baby's hips looking for the Velcro tab. 
 
I love the designs, they are super cute and now have a holiday one!  I love the convenience of receiving diapers in the mail without having to make store runs. 
 
I don't love the price of the bundle or paying for shipping. 
 
Update: After using these diapers for nearly a month now, the area around my little one's legs seem like it's chafing.  It's dry and a little red.  It is cold now, so it could be normal dry skin.  But it is right in that area of the elastic.  I remember this being a problem last year and using Neosporin Ecxema cream on the area, which seemed to help it.   (By the way, I really liked this lotion, especially with a low hazard rating of 2 on the EWG Skin Deep database.)

I might switch back to Luvs for a week to see if it's resolved.  If so, then unfortunately, I'll have to cancel my subscription.  But I don't understand how something free and clear from any chemicals could actually cause a skin allergy?  It's not logical! 
 
 
So… all that said, I still think they're worth a try.  I can justify the premium price by not having to use as much as the cheaper brands.  I love the designs, the convenience, the easy-to-use website, and most importantly what I'm doing for my baby's skin and the environment!  I will pay a few extra dollars for that.  On the other hand, I don't like the cost nor do I like paying for shipping. 
 
My recommendation to the Honest Co... lower your prices, offer free shipping, offer discounts like diapers.com, offer trials of new products with each bundle shipment, and most importantly, sell the products at all the baby stores.  Make them available to everyone, not just those willing to sign up for a subscription.  The mission is to help moms get the chemicals out of our homes after all, accessibility and affordability is very important to moms. 
 
I belive that the Honest Co. with a cool mom like Jessica Alba on board is helping us head in the right direction.  A great company with an awesome mission! 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah honest co is really offering wonderful products, which is safe to use. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your littlest child feels some allergy from that baby products which you are used on him? Than hire a honest company of baby products for him! From where you can purchase that baby products which are suitable for him..
    http://ultrahipmama.net/2012/06/09/review-honest-diapers/

    ReplyDelete